Known as the Petrine Cross or Cross of St. Peter, the inverted cross is a reminder of St. Peter's humility of dying on the cross hung upside down. Traditions and historical document (Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History, Book III 1:2) tells us that St. Peter asked to crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to die in the same manner as our Lord. St. Peter's martyrdom by crucifixion is also attested by other early Christian writers including Origen of Alexandria and Tertullian.
Let this be a reminder for us all to be humble and let us use this opportunity to revive the millennium-old Christian symbol of humility. and to explain to others the meaning of the Cross of St. Peter.
St. Peter is the first Pope of the Catholic faith and it is his office that the popes succeed.
Petrine Cross Eusebius Shirt
This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
- Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
- Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
- Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
- Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
- Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
- Pre-shrunk fabric
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping