St. Ignatius of Antioch Catholic Church Tee Shirt
St. Ignatius was the third bishop of Antioch, traditionally believed to be hand picked by St. Peter himself. Just as the apostles wrote epistles to local churches, this tradition carried on with the early church fathers, including St. Ignatius.In Ignatius' Epistle to Smyrnaeans (modern day Turkey), he spoke of authority of the bishop and wrote the earliest reference to the Catholic Church (katholicos) around 107AD.
The crest design features the phrase "... wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" written in Koine Greek which surrounds the Holy See's Coat of Arms.
For more information about St. Ignatius of Antioch's Epistle to Smyrnaeans, visit Catholic.com - Apologetics with St. Ignatius of Antioch.
For a full translation of the epistle, visit New Advent - The Epistle of Ignatius to Smyrnaeans.
Details + Care
This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Be sure to add this design's postcard to share the story, it is especially beneficial in evangelizing and catechizing gift recipients. Click here to see all of our postcards.